This qualification is designed to provide people with a range of skills and knowledge required in making and processing travel arrangements within retail and wholesale travel. Retail travel covers both leisure and corporate, wholesale travel covers both inbound and outbound. People awarded with this qualification will have the skills and knowledge required to be employed in entry level areas of the travel industry.
People awarded with this qualification will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of tourist characteristics and needs, the business of Tourism , destination New Zealand, world tourism, and work roles in tourism.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills as well as learn the skills involved in using the English language and mathematics in the tourism and travel industry
- Amadeus – provides the technology which keeps the travel sector moving – from initial search to making a booking, from pricing to ticketing, from managing reservations to managing check-in and departure processes. You will learn on the live system that is used by the travel and airline industry around the world.
- You will learn a detailed knowledge of specific travel regions, and have a broad knowledge of world geography relevant to customer’s needs.
- A flight attending workshop is included in the course which makes it an even more attractive qualification to gain.
Through completing this course you will gain the National Certificate in Travel (Retail Strand) Level 3.
Below is a list of some of the many jobs that you could apply for after completing your Travel course here at Avonmore.
You could work:
at a travel & tourism information centre
for an airline
for rental car companies
at a travel agency
as a tour guide
You may also choose given your success in Travel here at Avonmore, to progress onto Tourism Management.
NCEA level 2 or The National Certificate in Tourism Level 2 or 3
Youth Guarantee: Free
Course Fees ZERO FEES!
Course Related Costs $300
30 January 2015
You can study for this course at the Avonmore Christchurch Campus